Purely out of just-for-fun purposes, this is the ultimate list of TCG Trivia. Please provide sources for anything and everything you add, if applicable.
Feel free to use it as you please for games, etc.
- The first TCG was Senshi Card-Mania!, a Sailor Moon TCG that opened sometime around 2002 by Calico.
- Many of the earliest TCGs were Sailor Moon or anime related.
- The TCG Community has been around for over 10 years.
- MyTCG is the most common script used for TCG management.
- EasyTCG FM is the most popularly used script for trade post management.
- Member Cards are a staple in almost every TCG now but it wasn't always the case! They actually didn't come about until probably around 2005.
- Punk-Rose templates is the most common templates for TCGs and player posts.
- In terms of anime TCGs, although the first TCGs were generally themed around Sailor Moon, making them Single Anime TCGs, the trend of single series TCGs has faded and they are extremely rare.
- Gobstones is one of the earliest known Harry Potter TCGs.
- Senshi Card-Mania! was the first Sailor Moon and the first anime related tcg.
- La Musica was the first Music tcg.
- Fantasy Cards was the first Final Fantasy tcg.
- NERV Cards was the first Neon Genesis Evangelion tcg.
- Wired was the first Video Game tcg.
- Tiny Legend was the first Mini TCG.
- Challenge was the first tcg to have larger decks, which consisted of 30 cards. This was meant to make the tcg more difficult and "challenging" given most TCGs during the time period had decks that consisted of only 10-15 cards.